Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thank God for friends.


Last night my friends and I had a girls shopping night. I was tired because I had stayed up until 3 am the night before at the midnight showing of New Moon. I am so glad that I did not miss the fun trip with friends due to mere tiredness. We had such a wonderful time. Each of us has a different personality, we look different, we have different jobs, and we love each other. The combination of differences makes for the greatest times together.

We hit Dillard's first with an 11-month old gift card in hand. There is a New York trip in the plans for December so shopping was a priority. The store had very few people and we hurried from hats, to purses, to sweaters with little interruption. That is until I spotted the Lancome make-up counter. The nice lady behind the counter with the beautiful name of Saye, asked me if I wanted to have a mini-makeover using Lancome products. Well, of course I want a mini-makeover using whatever products! A makeover is a makeover. The makeover was so wonderful and the results were fabulous. I had to text my friends to finish their shopping and come look at me! Of course I then spent too much money on Lancome products. I am sure that I look younger already with my new Genefique eye cream!

In Guy Terms -- having a makeover done at the Lancome counter is the equivalent of having your vehicle professionally detailed versus you washing it in the driveway. Get it?

Next stop Tokyo Japanese restaurant. Wonderful food, wonderful service, great friends to share it with. Of course the waiter was once a teacher in our little town and we had a great time sharing stories. While we ate we received text updates on our local football team and celebrated with claps and cheers when the team won their playoff game. Everyone in the restaurant knew our team had won!

When you visit Tokyo restaurant be sure to order the Island Sushi roll. It's a full meal and you will be very happy with your order. All cooked ingredients with a little wasabi and ginger on the side with eel sauce for dipping. Just the right amount of sweet and hot!

By now it's 10:00 p.m., but Kohl's doesn't close until midnight! Kohl's here we come. We touched every item in the store. Women's dresses, purses, shoes, Christmas items, men's shirts, electronics, jewelry and Halloween stuff 60% off. Good times! We finally tallied our purchases at 11:45 p.m and headed toward home with the back of the SUV stuffed with goodies. This was a record shopping trip. I don't think I have ever shopped until midnight. Also, it was one of the best shopping trips. Good food, good friends, good health, and the football team won in the playoffs. Life is good. We are blessed. Thank you Lord for allowing me to be able to pay my bills. More shopping to do.....

2 comments: