Saturday, November 7, 2009

I want to be a rock star or a country music star

At one time I wanted to be Cher, then Beyonce, now Miranda Lambert. Understand, I don't really want their lives as I love my life. What I want is to be talented like they are. Cher has mastered the art of stopping time. Seriously, she is like 125 years old, but she looks like she is 25. I don't like her anymore for this reason. I wanted to be Beyonce because she had "real girl" thighs. Not skinny little, starved, Hollywood thighs. Now she is too skinny. I have to move on.

Thus, Miranda Lambert. A friend who saw her in concert described her as "thick." I like that. I only want "thick" girls as friends. Skinny girls make me feel guilty for eating. I love the saying: Lord if you won't make me skinny, then make my friends fat. If you are my friend, I need you to be "thick" or "fluffy". It's better for all of us if you are thick or fluffy.

Now, back to the real covet issue. I want to play guitar like Miranda Lambert. I covet her talent. I have taken lessons for about 6 months. I am starting to improve, but learning the guitar is hard. I mean it's like really hard. Very fun and I am addicted, but it's very hard. My teacher is Eric Foster-Whidden at our local art center. He is great. Sometimes I ask him to play my guitar just so the guitar will get some relief from me. I always ask my office to pray for Eric on the day I have lessons. He praises my progress, but I am sure my playing is hard on his ears.

I want to be a singer also. I actually prayed for God to make me a singer. It was a serious prayer. I really want to be a singer. Rather than make me a great singer, God sent me a message, three times in one day, that said "If you can talk you can sing, If you can walk you can dance." Seriously I saw that saying on three different plaques in the same day. I bought one to remind me that I am already a singer. God is good and he is in control. Let's end on that positive note.
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment