Monday, November 16, 2009

I just call it love....

This may be a short post, but I need to tell you about one of the ways that my husband shows his love for me. I am very blessed to be married to my sweet husband for more than 20 years. He is the love of my life and the thought of ever living without him hurts beyond measure. I hope he feels the same way. If you know him, don't ask him. He does not do mushy talk very well. Not doing mushy talk is really the theme of today's post.

My husband is a great man. He is kind to animals, he loves his mom and visits her regularly, and he works hard. All great attributes for any person to have. If you don't know him well and only know him when you see him, you have no idea about his wonderful, tender heart of gold. But, that's ok, I know about it. Do not tell him that you now know about his heart of gold. He likes to be known as a little tougher than "heart of gold" dude.

Before I get too mushy myself, be certain that he does things that make me crazy. He does not know how to put a dirty dish in the dishwasher and has no idea how the new rolls of toilet paper mysteriously appear in the bathroom. However, he does do alot around the house and keeps our pool and yard looking like it's done by a professional. I don't even try to cut the grass anymore. Why make him redo it? He sees mystery bahaya grass everywhere when I cut the grass. I just let him make it perfect.

Now the point of the blog: My husband does one little thing that makes me feel like a million dollars each time he does this. With my job, I often have to travel out of town and come home after dark. I would rather be at home, but we do what we have to do. On the nights that I return home late, as soon as I turn onto our road in the subdivision, I see the lights shining at our house. Not just the inside lights, but every single light on the outside of our house is turned on to welcome me home. The uplights in the trees, six front porch lights, the lights on the fence by the driveway, the landscape lights, the lights on the sides of the house -- 30 or 40 lights are turned on by my sweet husband to welcome me home. The house and yard are glowing with light. I now look forward to those beautiful lights each time I return home. On the occasion when he is not home when I return, the absence of those lights always makes me a little sad. I wonder if he knows how special I feel when I see those lights.

Guys may not always use mushy words to remind us that they love us, but I will take a heart of gold and those welcoming lights any time. I just call it love....

Does your significant other have a special way to show his/her love? Keep it clean.

8 comments:

  1. Love the post! I too have been blessed with a wonderful, thoughtful husband. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH-just saw you liked the "Kite Runner". One of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is sweet. I think he's trying to tell you you're the light of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this.

    Phillip isn't a huggy mushy guy, either.

    For me, it's Phillip always picking up and dropping the kids off at school without ever complaining about it.

    Surprising me with a snickers bar when he comes back from the gas station.

    Knowing to order an unsweet tea for me if I'm running late for lunch.

    Guys are different, but if they were just the same, wouldn't life be boring?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the sweetest blog ever....ya are such a beautiful couple..I want that when I grow up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your post about Tony!! I know he loves you and the babies so much. Not to mention he's a big teddy bear!!

    As you know, I am blessed with a fun loving husband who never lets our life get boring. He shows his love in so many ways that its hard to pick just one. He's also an amazing daddy to Alex. I've really enjoyed watching him become father and learning as he goes.

    We are going to have such an amazing life together!

    P.S...Scotty can't put dishes in the dishwasher either. But he can change a roll of toliet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry...for some reason that posted Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sam is the house keeper at our house and he cleans my car out every week. Even when he has done nothing to contribute to the mess....could be OCD or love...i like to think love :)

    ReplyDelete