Saturday, November 7, 2009

My dogs rule the house.

I have two dachshunds and a Chihuahua that became ours due to a death in the family. They completely rule the house. My husband is a totaly softie for animals. We refer to the dogs (I feel bad even typing that word) as the babies! Seriously, we call them "the babies." When we go out of town, we hire a baby sitter. Of course, the baby sitter was interviewed by the dogs before she was approved by us. Don't ask how, just accept that the interview went well.

Stretch (a genius), Cocoa (rides the short bus), and Rudy (short for Rudolph) make up the baby gang. Each is beautiful, independent, and completely unique in their personality. Stretch loves me beyond reason, Cocoa and Rudy love their daddy. They are jealous if he spends time with one of the others and not them. Tony loves the babies more than he loves me. This may not be true, but I don't want to ask him because his answer might upset me.

Of course, the babies sleep with us. All three of the babies...Every morning I get up and strip the bed and wash sheets. Maybe this is not necessary, but I do it anyway. We have a king-size bed that may be too small for two full-size adults and three babies. I suggested that the babies sleep elsewhere. The hubby is opposed to this idea. The hubby and the babies have won so far.

I love the babies, but they keep me up at night. Also, they shed. As you know, husbands don't dust furniture. Only wives and housekeepers dust. I don't have a housekeeper. Wait - I am the housekeeper. I dust the hairy furniture.

More baby stories to follow.....

1 comment:

  1. Of course the "babies" rule the house! I miss Stretch so bad!! Our 4-legged baby "Mr.Riley" is having to get use to the new 2-legged baby "Mr. Alex." Its been interesting but Riley won't have anything to do with Alex so far. Riley sleeps in the "big" bed and Alex sleeps in his own bed isn't that strange??
    I have to agree...Tony is a big teddy bear and loves his babies, so you might have to relocate to the couch...LOL?? Been there done that myself because the "4-legged baby" was taking up too much room in a king size bed. What have we come to?? But you know, I wouldn't change it for the world.
    I remember when I lived with you guys, ever morning Stretch would come up to my room with me and Sampson and jump on the foot stool and then onto the bed to cuddle up with us. He's a great cuddler! Give him a huge and a kiss for me.
    We send Riley to Grandpa and Grandma's when we need a sitter and he's spoiled with ice cold water and treats for just looking cute. So keep up the "interviewing" because the babies are irreplaceable!

    ReplyDelete